Saturday 21 February 2015

Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto

Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto >> Food For Beauty


I realized when I made this for the fourth time this week, that I should post the recipe. Seeing as how I have extremely limited time on my hands between work and castings, I have to resort to everything super quick these days. When I was at the farmer’s market this past Sunday, I bought a bunch of purple basil because I’d never seen it before and it just looked so darn pretty. All produce tends to go bad pretty quickly here in Istanbul so what better way to use up the basil than to throw it by the handful in the blender? After this recipe, I truly believe that pesto is what basil was created for. Yum! 
Serving Size: 1
Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup packed basil
  • 2 large garlic cloves
  • 1/3 peeled lemon (or juice)
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 10 sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1/3 cup walnuts
  • salt to taste
  • 1/2 tsp spicy chili pepper (optional)
Instructions
  1. Put all ingredients except pepper into small food processor or blender and blend until smooth
  2. Adjust ingredients to taste
  3. Sprinkle with chili pepper
  4. Enjoy!
Notes
Substitute a portion of the olive oil for a lighter version

I chose to eat this as a dip with crudités because of what I had on hand; however, this would be even more divine as a pasta sauce! Serve it over julienned zucchini, buckwheat noodles or even quinoa.


No comments:

Post a Comment